- To create your own bespoke musical artwork, contact Tomas Norman on +44 1223 881691 or email [email protected]
- Goldfinch is part of 1066 Pianos, a family-run business in Cambridge, England, which has been building some of the world’s finest pianos for more than 40 years.
- Goldfinch pianos are priced from £100,000 to £1,000,000 and beyond. Other creations include The Leaking Piano, a 40inch work of art in Copenhagen, which appears to ‘drip’ over three floors; The Louis XV, a reborn Steinway piano from the late 1800s, and The Crystal piano a reborn Steinway studded with half a million Swarovski crystals.
- Lauren Baker is a British, contemporary, multidisciplinary artist renowned for her distinctive skull art installation in Tate Modern. www.laurenbakerart.com
- In 1975, when physicist and concert piano-tuner JR Norman became dismayed at the high cost and poor construction of supposedly master-built pianos, he applied his methodical mind and deep scientific rigour to the traditional art of piano making – and never looked back. Mr Norman and his family quickly became world-renowned piano makers, with Goldfinch offering customers the chance to design their dream piano.
About Based Upon
Based Upon is a London studio working at the front line of British creative enterprise, delivering a pioneering approach to making commissioned art-work, unique objects and design pieces.
Based Upon’s creative process involves an evolving dialogue between artist and commissioning client, with each resulting work growing from an exchange of inspirations, ideas and memories to become a truly personal and inimitable legacy piece, priceless to those for whom it is made. Based Upon’s own edition works explore the sublime bond between man and nature through finely crafted art works and sculptural design pieces.
Based Upon is a family company established in 2004 by twin brothers Ian and Richard Abell, who founded it on an ethos of open exploration and a commitment to continuous innovation. On this basis, over a dynamic decade, the brothers have built a rich and visionary team of 45 artists, craftspeople and designers, who work together with an international network of creative specialists to bring to life ground-breaking art and design works for clients around the world. www.basedupon.com